Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I am an outlier.

It seems that all the impossible things happen to me. Or I should say, if it is statistically low for an event to occur; it will happen to me- I am the outlier. I am up late tonight thinking about everything that has happened to me--- even my hair color and eye color was statistically improbable of happening. Both of my parents are brown haired and brown eyed, along with all my siblings. So of course, naturally, I would be blue eyed and blond hair. 1 in 5 girls are molested. Check. Witnessed a murder- Check. Almost got abducted- Check. Getting stage four cancer at 19- incidence rate of 2 per 1000. And then kicking said cancer's ass like a boss! Check. Getting told you will never have children due to the chemo-- then the day they put you in remission you find out you're pregnant... not with one baby... but two! I don't even know what the statistics is on that but that has got to be improbable. And then carrying them to full term, and being extremely healthy doing so. Check. Having a husband get diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia- 1 in 1000 per year. Check. I have decided tonight that if something is statistically improbable--- most likely it will happen to me. Yep, I'm an outlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment